About Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is a modern, award-winning university that prides itself on welcoming students from all over the world - both on campus and online.
Since the launch of our 100% online Masters degrees in 2016, we have helped hundreds of students to access postgraduate education in a way that suits them.
Our career-focused online Masters courses offer some of the most flexible routes to further your education online. With both accelerated and short course study options available, you'll be sure to find a course that works for you.
What's more, studying online with NTU gives you access to the same lecturers, research and content as our on-campus courses. Our online learning experience matches the campus-based experience both academically and personally, so you’ll feel right at home no matter where you are studying from.
Missions and values
Bringing brilliant minds together
We are a modern, forward-thinking organisation with a vision and strategy to create the university of the future. As one of the largest universities in the UK, our goal is to bring brilliant minds together to solve complex issues.
The development of our suite of online Masters degrees is a crucial part of that vision for the future. We want to embrace the 21st century. But we also want to do it in the right way, socially, economically and educationally. This objective is underpinned by five strategic ambitions.
Our strategic ambitions
- Creating opportunity – All of our students excel in developing the knowledge, skills, and resilience to play a positive role in society. We support this by providing theoretical rigour, practical relevance, and personal development.
- Valuing ideas – We have strong relationships and robust processes that support discovery and drive innovation, helping to change the world, our students and ourselves.
- Enriching society – We play a leading role in the social, cultural, economic and environmental development of the city, the East Midlands and the United Kingdom.
- Connecting globally – As an international university, we nurture global citizenship, engage with the international research community, and attract talented students and staff from around the world.
- Empowering people – We champion an environment of collective pride in the University, in which the contribution of our colleagues is recognised and respected.
Online learning benefits
Online study allows you to make use of the latest digital learning techniques, while enhancing your knowledge and career potential – all without the need to relocate. Here are just some of the benefits of studying at NTU:
- flexible, 100% online learning with all the value of on-campus study
- award-winning student support and performance development
- gold-standard teaching and practice-based learning
- pioneering, world-changing research
- industry-focused content
- student-centred learning experiences
- a culture of creativity, innovation and partnership
- a commitment to equality and sustainability.
Explore our online courses
Our innovative, easy-to-use online learning management system is the latest step in that journey. Through Engage, you can study a range of career-relevant online Masters degrees flexibly around your lifestyle and career commitments.
Learn the strategic skills to take the lead and forge a more fulfilling career in business.
Online MBA with Data Analytics
Draw on data science and analytical strategy to lead business in new and inventive ways.
Online MSc in Construction Project Management
Develop the practical leadership skills to build new opportunities in a thriving construction industry.
Online Construction Project Management CPD
Grasp the principles of project management by choosing one of our career-focused eight-week courses.
Online MA in International Relations
Gain real-life insights into complex global issues to further your career in international relations.
NTU is a public research university, founded in 1992, although our roots date back to 1843 with the establishment of Nottingham Government School of Design. The School was the first provincial government art school to be established outside of London, and still exists in the University today.
In 1945, Nottingham and District Technical College was established, followed by Nottingham Regional College of Technology in 1959. Nottingham Regional College opened in 1966, and was later merged with the Nottingham College of Design when the institution was upgraded to Polytechnic status. Under the Further and Higher Education Act, the Polytechnic achieved university status in 1992, becoming Nottingham Trent University.
To stay ahead of emerging learning trends, we launched our first online Masters degree in 2016. From this, we built a portfolio of career-focused online courses to help students around the world realise their greatest ambitions.
Since our humble beginnings, we've grown into one of the largest universities in the UK, recognised globally for exceptional teaching and research. Through this thriving research culture and collaborative approach to problem solving, we’re nurturing the brilliant minds of the future.
Start your journey today
To discover more about NTU’s online courses, complete our online form or call the admissions office on 0800 032 1180 (UK) or +44 (0)115 941 8419 (International).