Opportunity for everyone
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) welcomes students from any background or location, with a high proportion of our existing online Masters students coming from outside the UK.
With links to international businesses, organisations and centres of research, NTU is very much connected to the international community.
International student application requirements
All applicants whose first language is not English need to demonstrate sufficient English language skills before starting their course.
We accept any of the qualifications and grades listed below:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*: 6.5 with no lower than 5.5 in any element
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): Overall score of 62 (with no less than 51 in any component) for courses requiring IELTS 6.5
- Cambridge CAE [C1]: Scores above 176 accepted
- CSE English: C
- IGCSE English (as a first or second language): C
- European Baccalaureate (as a first or second language): 6
- International Baccalaureate (English A or B syllabus or English Literature, Standard or Higher level): 4
- AS or A-level English Language or English Literature: A–E
- O-level English: C
- Trinity College ISE: Level 3 and Level 4
- TOEFL iBT English test: Overall score of 81
*The date of your IELTS award must be within two years of your course start date.
As an international student, studying online means you do not have to pay any additional fees or apply for a visa.
Start your journey with NTU today
To apply for one of our online courses, complete our online form or call the admissions office on 0800 032 1180 (UK) or +44 (0)115 941 8419 (International).