Opportunity for everyone
Nottingham Trent University welcomes students from any background or location, with a high proportion of existing students, both on and off campus, coming from outside of the UK.
With links to international businesses, organisations and centres of research, NTU is very much connected to the international community.
International application requirements
All applicants whose first language is not English are required to demonstrate suitable English language skills before starting their course.
The University standard is an International English Language Testing System (IELTs) score of 6.5, with no lower than 5.5 in any element. (*Please note that the date of your IELTS award must be within two years of your course start date.)
We also accept any of the qualifications and grades listed below:
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 62 (with no less than 51 in any component) for courses requiring IELTS 6.5
- Cambridge CAE [C1] Scores above 176 accepted
- CSE English [C]
- IGCSE English (as a first or second language) [C]
- European Baccalaureate (as a first or second language) 
- International Baccalaureate (English A or B syllabus or English Literature, Standard or Higher level) [Grade 4]
- AS or A-level English Language or English Literature [A-E]
- O-level English [C]
- Trinity College ISE Level 3 and Level 4
- TOEFL iBT English test - with an overall score of 83
Start your journey with NTU today
To apply for one of our online courses, complete our online form or call the admissions office on 0800 032 1180 (UK) or +44 (0)115 941 8419 (International).