Further your fashion career with an MBA
The fashion industry needs executives with a strategic vision and the management expertise to achieve it. Delivered by Nottingham Trent University’s (NTU) world famous School of Art & Design and internationally accredited Nottingham Business School, the online MBA with Fashion Management can help you turn your career aspirations into reality.
With interactive features and an innovative curriculum, the online MBA with Fashion Management provides a convenient and flexible option for busy professionals who prefer to learn on their own schedules. Learn more about online learning at Nottingham Trent University.
Tailor-made for fashion professionals
Our fashion management course is designed to build on your existing knowledge to help you move into senior and strategic roles in the fashion business. The projects you undertake will be aligned to your personal interests in the subject area and can even be related to your current role and areas of responsibility in the industry, or to a new area of fashion management which you wish to explore.
In addition to the comprehensive business knowledge you will develop in the core MBA, the four modules in Fashion Management cover:
NTU’s online Fashion Management course is characterised by its experiential learning style. This means you get to apply your knowledge to real-life scenarios through business simulations, case study projects and our experiential teaching methodology, delivered by our acclaimed teaching staff. A module in Professional and Leadership Development the course provides you with opportunities for individual academic and alumni mentoring, careers support, and one-on-one personal and professional development.
Designed for individuals with a minimum of three to five years of business experience, this course provides you with crucial senior strategic management skills specific to the fashion industry, including:
Applicants need 3 to 5 years business experience
- Management knowledge
- Leadership capabilities
- An understanding of global business issues in the field
Learning outcomes for today’s fashion industry
Upon graduating from the online MBA in Fashion Management, you will have gained skills sought after by employers, making you an exciting prospect for jobs in the industry. You will:
- understand global contemporary issues, conceptual frameworks and strategic business models in the context of the fashion industry
- understand how these issues can be used to guide leadership activities and implement effective and responsible action
- adapt your knowledge and experience to a variety of complex organisational settings
- evaluate issues of ethics and sustainability and how they can affect the activities of fashion businesses
- effectively use relevant knowledge, experience and communication skills to drive the future success of fashion businesses and other organisations.
Career Opportunities with an Online MBA with Fashion Management
Graduates specialising in fashion may go on to pursue a wide range of fashion management careers, including:
- fashion marketing and branding
- fashion design and product development
- fashion buying & merchandising
- global fashion and textile supply chains
- fashion brand internationalisation
- ethics and sustainability
- fashion journalism
- fashion PR
- fashion e-commerce
- fashion retail
- fashion management consultancy
A focus on sustainability
The fashion industry is increasingly adopting green practices and sustainable materials. NTU’s online MBA emphasises sustainable corporate practices and responsible leadership, and we were recognised as the most sustainable university in the UK by the People and Planet University League 2016.
The School of Art & Design at Nottingham Trent University
Established in 1843, the School of Art & Design at Nottingham Trent University has a global reputation and is one of the UK’s most well-established and respected creative universities.