Build your future in construction
Deepen your understanding of construction systems and processes, while championing innovative and sustainable principles. Learn from a global network of leading experts and industry partners, at a university ranked in the top-20 for Building and Town and Country Planning in the UK.1 This course will help you to develop the key skills to spearhead successful project outcomes in today’s booming construction industry.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation Learn more.
|Start||January, May, September|
School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
You may also be interested in:
To apply for this course, you will need:
- Completed application
- An undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) in a construction-related subject, or relevant professional body membership (usually chartered staus)
- A statement of purpose
- Language requirements (international students only)
The estimated total cost of the course is £11,000. You can pay in full or in instalments of £820 per module (plus two payments of £580 for the dissertation).
The Project Management Institute expects by 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles.2
Shape the world around you
Our online MSc Construction Project Management gives you the capability and the confidence to head up your own construction projects, exploring topics such as project briefing, design and development, and procurement strategy. Working with leading experts, trusted industry partners and students from all over the world, you’ll master new, innovative practices that you can apply immediately to real working environments.
As the fourth most sustainable university in the world,3 we’re well known for our green values. By illuminating today’s sustainable construction principles, the course will prove invaluable for students keen to lead more sustainable commercial and residential building projects.
Online MSc Construction Project Management course outcomes:
- manage project briefing, key design and development issues at a high level
- deploy appropriate procurement strategies
- manage people and negotiate through legal and contractual constraints
- apply your understanding of organisational structures to achieve successful project outcomes
Short Courses Offering
Advance your project management knowledge in just 8 weeks with a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course in Construction Project Management.
Online MSc Construction Project Management career outlook
With the construction industry booming both nationally and internationally, there is a growing need for qualified project managers. The UK government estimates that the global construction market is likely to expand by over 70% by 2025.4 For mid-career professionals or recent graduates, this course will help develop the practical, career-relevant project management skills needed to seize these new opportunities.
RICS accreditation, strong links with industry and a reputation for construction globally, all help to make this course attractive to potential employers. In a sector where trust is everything, such credentials will ensure you stand out from the crowd.
Expert teaching team
The course is delivered by the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, which is home to three research centres dedicated to developing solutions for the world’s greatest designed and built environment challenges. Such practical, industry-informed research is key to informing your understanding of today’s project management principles.
Chris Coffey is responsible for leading the course, as well as managing postgraduate courses within the Construction Management Group. He is particularly passionate about supporting student research in the fields of health and safety and corporate social responsibility.
Connect with the content
Whether you’re based in the UK or on the other side of the world, working part-time or full-time, when you study online with us, we want you to feel connected.
That means providing you with access to the same gold-standard teaching staff, pioneering research, industry links, support services and active international student community as our campus-based courses. It also means using a combination of innovative techniques, from video lectures and real-life case studies to interactive assignments and digital resources.
Because when you’re fully connected and engaged with the content, you’re more motivated to achieve success, both in and out of your career.
Formally accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Frequently asked questions
Need help? If you would like to know more about our Online MSc Construction Project Management, or wish to apply to study, please request information. We’ve included answers to some of the more commonly asked questions below. For more, please view our FAQ page.
If you have any further questions, contact the Admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 0800 032 1180 (UK) or +44 (0)115 941 8419 (international).
- UNKNOWN (2022) Building and Town and Country Planning. Guardian University Guide 2022. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2021/sep/11/the-best-uk-universities-2022-rankings [Accessed 10.09.2021]
- UNKNOWN (2017) Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017–2027. Project Management Institute [online] Available at: https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/job-growth-report.pdf [Accessed 16.02.2021]
- UNKNOWN (2020) UI Green Metric World University Rankings 2020. Available at: https://greenmetric.ui.ac.id/rankings/overall-rankings-2020 [Accessed 16.02.2021]
- UNKNOWN (2021) Designing Buildings Wiki [online] Available at: https://www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Construction_market_forecast_2015_to_2024 [Accessed 16.02.2021]