Make your mark on the built environment
Build your knowledge of the principles of project management and benefit from our reputation for innovative research and industry connections. By studying a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course in Construction Project Management with us, you’ll develop the specific specialist skills you need to take your career to the next level, in just 8 weeks.
|Total tuition||£995 per short CPD course|
|Start||Various – speak to us to find out more|
School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
To apply for one of our CPD courses, you will need:
- Completed application
- An undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) in a construction-related subject or relevant professional body membership (usually chartered status) OR a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a construction-related field
- A statement of purpose
- Language requirements (international students only)
The estimated total cost is £995 per short CPD course.
The Project Management Institute expects by 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles.1
Find your CPD course
Boost your career opportunities in a thriving industry by choosing one of our specialised, career-focused short courses in Construction Project Management:
Contemporary Construction Themes - Intakes: 29 Aug 2022, 2 Jan 2023
Advance your awareness of today’s construction industry and the employability aspects of this ever-growing sector.
Procurement Routes - Intakes: 24 Oct 2022
Appraise and examine routes to procurement, establishing a project team and objectives to execute a project plan, proactively negotiating any risks and constraints.
Contract - Intakes: 2 Jan 2023
Analyse case law and develop an appreciation of contract rights and responsibilities, furthering your ability to give reasoned professional construction contract advice.
Legal Rights and Responsibilities - Intakes: TBC
Study the framework of legal process and decision making, expanding your understanding of the essential legal rights and responsibilities of construction professionals.
Collaborative Working - Intakes: 29 Aug 2022
Evaluate ways in which project stakeholders can work more effectively together, drawing on synchronous and asynchronous communication systems.
Construction Health and Safety - Intakes: 24 Oct 2022
Understand the need for proactive health and safety management during the planning and execution of construction projects.
Lean Project Production - Intakes: 2 Jan 2023
Explore the philosophy of lean project production, understanding its practices, challenges and practical applications in a variety of contexts.
Cost Studies - Intakes: 29 Aug 2022
Learn how to estimate and cost a building project, appreciating the factors influencing the value and timescales across the project lifecycle.
Managing Organisations and People - Intakes: TBC
Study the organisational and management environment, evaluate new management theories and practices, and investigate human resource issues.
Corporate Strategy and Finance - Intakes: TBC
Understand the strategies necessary to manage the economic and financial elements of a construction business, assessing and applying practical decision-making aids.
Managing Construction Projects - Intakes: TBC
Explore different construction project environments and learn to manage every stage of a project, including health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
Design Appreciation and Planning - Intakes: 24 Oct 2022
Expand your knowledge of project design and the individuals who contribute to it, appreciating the impact of regulations, costs and completion time on the outcome.
If you are looking to apply for a short CPD course, email the admissions team to be sent an application form.
Connect with the content
Whether you’re based in the UK or on the other side of the world, working part-time or full-time, when you study online with us, we want you to feel connected.
That means providing you with access to the same gold-standard teaching staff, pioneering research, industry links, support services and active international student community as our campus-based courses. It also means using a combination of innovative techniques, from video lectures and real-life case studies to interactive assignments and digital resources.
Because when you’re fully connected and engaged with the content, you’re more motivated to achieve success, both in and out of your career.
Why study a CPD course at NTU?
- Top-20 in the UK for Building and Town and Country Planning 20222
- 4th most sustainable university in the world3
- A strong reputation for teaching and research with close links to the construction industry
- Flexible study in a 100% online environment
- Boost your CV in just 8 weeks
- Get a taster of 100% online learning
- Join a global community of like-minded learners
If you would like to take your construction management career to the next level, you may wish to enrol on the full Online MSc in Construction Project Management, which covers all of the above courses across a 2.5-year programme of study.
Formally accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- UNKNOWN (2017) Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017–2027. Project Management Institute [online] Available at: https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/learning/job-growth-report.pdf [Accessed 16.02.2021]
- UNKNOWN (2022) Building and Town and Country Planning. Guardian University Guide 2022 [online] Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2021/sep/11/the-best-uk-universities-2022-rankings [Accessed 10.09.2021]
- UNKNOWN (2020) UI Green Metric World University Rankings 2020 [online] Available at: https://greenmetric.ui.ac.id/rankings/overall-rankings-2020 [Accessed 16.02.2021]