Overview and aims
The module aims to develop your understanding and critical evaluation of the way parties to a project can work more effectively through collaboration, including the use of modern technology.
You will develop your understanding of how common goals can be achieved to create a single vision for a project team and its client in order to create effective and efficient working.
The module aims to improve your understanding of the advantages of using synchronous and asynchronous communication systems, particularly when there is virtual team-working in an international arena.
- Change though project aims
- Team building
- Role and goal appreciation of the parties to the project
- Traditional and virtual team working
- Modes of communication
After studying this module you should be able to:
- discuss and demonstrate how the project goals are determined
- critically evaluate a broad range of team building theories and identify how they can be applied in practice
- critically review and analyse the implications of the application of BIM as a collaborative methodology within construction
- critically analyse opportunities for using electronic methods of communication
- review the possible ways of working in global projects
- discuss and evaluate key issues associated with working collaboratively
This module will help you gain the skills and qualities to:
- collect and integrate information and data from various sources
- analyse, evaluate and interpret complex factual information and relevant issues in a systematic, critical and creative manner, and evaluate alternative processes and/or measure against relative criteria; making logical recommendations based on analysis, information and circumstances
- identify, define, critically evaluate and propose solutions to complex problems, including generation of new ideas, innovations and concepts where appropriate
- effectively communicate information, ideas and concepts in a clear and articulate style, including the use of information technologies and systems where appropriate
- develop and use personal skills and competencies to enable effective individual and team working, applying ethical and professional values to the work environment
- apply study and research skills and act autonomously in planning, organising and executing your personal academic and professional development
- use a range of contemporary electronic methods in a critical, creative and innovative way, and use complex subject specific specialist software to communicate nationally and internationally
- deliver contemporary applications of electronic systems, and the influences on global projects.