Learn your way
Our online Masters degrees are equivalent to our campus-based degrees in many ways. They offer similarly challenging content, award-winning teaching, pioneering research and student support. But there’s one notable exception – the flexibility to study at a time and place that suits you.
Join our global community
Although you’ll be studying at a UK university, you will be joining a community of students from across the globe. Through our online learning management system, Engage, you can easily connect with like-minded professionals, alongside lecturers and industry experts. It’s a great way to network, share ideas and expand your knowledge and career opportunities across a variety of different industries.
Since launching our online Masters degrees, we’ve welcomed over 500 students from 80 different countries.1
Tools for online learning success
- Video presentation – In these bite-sized videos, lecturers will introduce new topics to you, helping you connect more closely with the course content.
- Social interaction – Communicate with teachers and students from around the world online via discussion forums and email, is often the best way to learn.
- Real-life case studies – Real-world examples help you appreciate the practical implications of your studies.
- Interactive assignments – Working as a group often brings out the best ideas and makes learning more engaging.
- Research supervision – Delivered by experts in the field, the courses will help you learn the necessary techniques and skills to conduct and evaluate your own research.
- Academic and technical support – You can call on our student support service to help you with any issues you might be having – for example, completing assignments on time.
- Create a study space – Before getting down to study, make sure you create a space where you can focus, relatively undisturbed, for set periods of the day or week.
- Time management – Although online study offers flexibility in terms of choosing when to study, you will need to complete assignments to deadline, making time management key to success.
01 Nottingham Trent University: innovative, immersive, online. And ready when you are.
[Visual description: Screen scroll of “Your Online Degree” page]
Your learning. Your way.
[Visual description: Screen scroll of “Calendar”]
02 Keep Organised: full weekly layout. Every assignment, all key dates, all in one place.
[Visual description: screen scroll of calendar and course assignments]
Learn wherever. Learn whenever. Learn however.
[Visual description: screen scroll of an example of “Week 2” activities]
03 Your study, your pace. Each week. Anytime and anywhere. All online.
04 Engaging content. Videos and animations. Recorded presentations. Real world studies.
[Visual description: screen scroll of multiple different webpages]
Every book, every paper. Available on multiple devices.
[Visual description: screen scroll of assignment]
05 Interactive assignments. More than essays. NTU Online goes beyond.
06 Easy course collaboration. Talk to your fellow students and engage with academics. Dive in, discuss.
[Visual description: “24/7 Technical Support” webpage image]
With twenty-four seven support. So you’ll never fall behind.
Your degree. Your choice. Discover our courses. Find out more, today.
[Visual description: NTU Nottingham Trent University logo]
Through the participation of [the] discussion board, I understand the topics more thoroughly and from different perspectives by reading posts from my classmates. This is a very interactive learning process compared with traditional on-campus teaching.”
Hashima Hamid (Hong Kong),
Online versus on campus
Studying 100% online allows you to make use of the latest digital learning techniques, while enhancing your knowledge and career potential – all without the need to relocate to campus.
Here are some of the benefits of studying at NTU:
Practical, real-world focused content from experts in the field you can use from day one
|Personalised student support services to keep you on track||✓||✓|
|International student community to collaborate and share ideas with||✓||✓|
|Rich learning experiences to keep you engaged||✓||✓|
|Study at a time and place that suits you||✓|
We offer a number of online webinars, news and resource articles to help you get a feel for the online learning experience.
Find your course
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) currently offer four online postgraduate programmes and a range of short Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses from three distinct subject areas.
Technology and personalised support
We’re continually developing new ways to bring our online courses to life. We want every piece of research, every assignment and every interaction to make you feel connected, as if you were inside the lecture room.
- Updated 11th February 2021. Country names categorised using information provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) [online] Available at: <https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/country-names/country-names-the-permanent-committee-on-geographical-names-for-british-official-use> [Accessed 11.02.2021]