Study that suits you
The online courses at Nottingham Trent University (NTU) offer the same challenging curriculum and commitment to student success as our campus-based degree courses. Like our students on campus, you will benefit from the expertise of our award-winning lecture and research staff — just in a different format.
Complete flexibility to study on your terms
As long as you commit to completing the set modules by the deadline, you can arrange your studies to fit your professional schedule and personal commitments. This makes online courses an attractive option for working professionals with busy schedules or students who live far away.
Online courses take around 12 to 15 hours per week to complete, with no requirement to set foot on campus. You are welcome to attend the campus for the graduation ceremony, but this is not essential.
Connect with the curriculum — online
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is continually developing innovative ways to bring our courses to life in a virtual learning environment. Our distance learning courses are designed to immerse you in the material to make you feel like you’re in the classroom. These interactive elements and features include:
- Comprehensive video lectures – immerse yourself completely in the course content
- Social interaction – get help with assignments and be part of the student community by interacting with teachers and students from around the world online via discussion posts, video chat, and email
- Real life case studies – appreciate the practical implications of your studies
- Interactive assignments – experience more engaging learning
- Research supervision – learn the necessary techniques and skills to conduct and evaluate research
- Academic and technical support – connect with student support resources when you need assistance
A personal approach
Whilst all our online courses follow a set curriculum, there are plenty of opportunities to follow particular interests or career-oriented paths through particular projects and specialisms. Our lecturers will help you identify your strengths and passions to produce a course that works for you, giving you all the support and encouragement that you need.
See for yourself
We offer Virtual Open Days so you can hear all about our online courses directly from our course leaders and get an overview of the virtual learning environment.